In accordance with the Tennessee Workers’ Compensation Act, individuals hurt at work are entitled to appropriate compensation for their injuries. With a history of representing both individual clients as well as numerous unions in Tennessee, our workers’ compensation lawyers are prepared to help you seek benefits for your losses.
Millions of U.S. workers are injured on the job every year. If you are one of them, remember the following steps:
- Report the accident immediately. Tell a supervisor or HR representative.
- Seek medical attention. Tell your doctor exactly what happened.
- Find out the name of your employer’s insurance carrier.
- If your doctor provides you with a “no work/restricted” work order, provide it to your employer.
- Do not give a statement to the workers compensation insurance carrier.
- Do not sign a medical record release authorization.
- Do not discuss your injuries, accident, or workers comp claim at work.
- Keep a diary about how you are feeling, any medications or therapies you try, and all your doctor appointments and phone calls.